Machinist - Technician
Manufacturing & Production
Manufacturing - Production
United States - Pennsylvania - Allentown - Allentown, 18105
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for the ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
- 2+ to 5 years of experience
- Management Experience Required - No
- Minimum Education - High School or Equivalent
- Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
- 40 Hours per Week
- Visa Candidates Considered - No
Description of the Ideal Candidate
- This job is for someone with 3-5 years Foundry/Disa experience.
1. Machining of 3D patterns and coreboxes including inspection and finishing operations.
2. Proficient with manual and CNC machining centers and lathes.
3. Working knowledge of contemporary cutting tools and applications with ability to edit programmed feeds and speeds to optimize cutter use.
4. Strong working knowledge of Mastercam X6, 2D, 3D, Mill and Lathe.
5. Ability to create 3D models with toolpath programs in Mastercam X6 and proficient with machine controllers.
6. Supportive of workplace safety practices and continuous Quality activities.
1. High school Precision Machining/Trade school graduate with either NIMS or Dept. of Labor and Industry certification or equivalent with 5 years industry experience.
2. Lathe, turning capabilities (manual and CNC).
3. Machining, milling capabilities (manual and CNC) as well as experience in the broad range of associated precision machining disciplines.
4. Able to safely machine both large and small components.
5. Strong computer background.
6. MastercamX6 Mill level 3 (2D and 3D) expertise.
7. Good communication skills.
8. Self motivated.
This company is a great place to work because:
Take a look inside many of the world's most recognizable landmarks, and you will find the client piping systems. Whether it's joining pipe at the Hoover Dam or the Bird's Nest National Olympic Stadium in Beijing, the client is there. Our industry-leading fire suppression systems also protect many of the world's greatest treasures. Founded in 1925 and based in Easton, Pennsylvania, the client is the world's leading ISO 9001 certified manufacturer of mechanical pipe-joining products with 3,500 employees worldwide.
We are looking for bright, innovative, goal-driven, motivated, and friendly individuals to become part of our team. If you would like to join a company that embodies the rare combination of global industry leadership with the personal feel and advantages of private ownership, we invite you to explore our career opportunities. Our diverse openings include positions in Sales, Engineering, Corporate Operations, as well as College Internships.
The client offers comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Prescription, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K with a generous Company Match and Retirement Contribution, Flex Spending Plans, Paid Holidays and Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, Education Matching Gift, Referral Bonus, and Adoption Assistance